Our occupational therapy team will help promote your independence at home. They can help restore or maintain your ability to perform tasks used in daily living. They will provide you with the equipment and encouragement to increase self-help and homemaking skills.
They will assist with training for:
- Help with learning new ways of doing things following illness or injury, for example dressing or cooking
- Adapt material or equipment, for example recommend wheelchairs or provide special bath or toilet seats
- Make changes to the living environments to help accommodate their needs.
- Access ways to manage pain so patients can still do things
- Assist patients to feel better about themselves and what they do
- Develop their confidence in social situations
- Cognitive Testing
- Tremor Management